The Golden State Salmon Association’s mission is to restore California salmon for their economic, recreational, commercial, environmental, cultural and health values. Salmon require healthy riparian ecosystems. In supporting salmon, we provide bene t to hundreds of species that are also dependent on cool, clean freshwater. We work to help restore habitat and improve hatchery operations.
Our current Executive Director will remain involved to train and orient his replacement. This is the most senior role within the organization and this role will collaborate with donors, regulators, politicians, shermen and women, legal partners, environmental groups, and industry representatives to advance GSSA’s mission to restore California salmon.
Job Title: Executive Director
The Executive Director leads operations and oversees a head of marketing, an administration and events director, and various contractors and consultants. The Executive Director leads policy initiatives, communications, and fundraising e orts. The Executive Director actively works in collaboration with a number of partners and the Board of Directors.
Key Job Duties:
- Develop strategic initiatives, with the policy consultant and Board, to achieve GSSA’s mission to improve hydrology, habitat, and hatcheries of California’s Central Valley king salmon stocks
- Be the primary point of contact actively working with state, federal, and local officials in achieving GSSA’s policy objectives
- Be the primary point of contact for media
- Officiate at public events
- Collaborate with our marketing director, administration and events director, policy consultant and other contractors
- Develop and manage relationships with major donors and foundations
- Generate most of the written public-facing content of GSSA including a monthly newsletter and quarterly report
- Liaise with officials, donors, and key stakeholders re GSSA’s goals and initiatives
- Work closely with Board of Directors to align staff work with board vision
- Organize four Board of Directors’ meetings annually
- Organize an annual strategic planning meeting
- Work with members of the Executive Committee to develop the annual budget
- Write reports for granting organizations
You have several years of non-profit management, fundraising, or analogous experience.
You are action and results oriented.
You are an exceptional writer and communicator capable of producing copy and organizing collateral for a range of audiences and platforms from our websites to social media, fundraising initiatives, to newsletters.
You are comfortable in the arenas of: fundraising, public policy, advocacy campaigning, grass roots initiatives and press relations
You are passionate about salmon. An interest in CA Central Valley water operations would be a big plus.
Compensation $103k to $167k, depending on experience.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: Search@goldenstatesalmon.org
View PDF Version HERE